Why People Uninstall Your Mobile App?
The study says that 80% of users uninstall the app within 3 days from app install. Marketers spend hundreds of thousands of dollar to acquire and retain the users but it is sometimes frustrating to see 70-80% dropouts in the 1st 3 days of app install. In order to avoid this pitfall, I’m listing down the top 25 reasons why users uninstall the app based on my recent experience. I believe it will help you in order to successfully grow your app to acquire and retain the users with less effort after fixing the reason mentioned below.
- An app doesn’t satisfy the user’s expectation.
- Battery drains faster.
- Takes a too long time to load.
- Acquires too much internet data.
- Works well only on fast internet networks.
- 50.6% of users tend to uninstall if the app takes too much space on the device’s memory.
- According to ITR, uninstallation happens because of the complex registration process.
- Statistics reveal that 29.6% of uninstalls happens because of security/privacy issue.
- 71% of users uninstall due to annoying push notifications popping up too frequently forces users to uninstall the app.
- 62% of the people uninstall an app if they experience mobile crashes, freezes, and errors.
- Poor loading speed, an app needs to initially load onto user devices in 4 seconds or less.
- If the app navigation is not proper for the user experience.
- Overloading features make users confused.
- If the app updates are forced often.
- CPU power uses is too high.
- Most of the devices don’t support the app.
- If the ads are not executed well or described through the visuals and text.
- If the UI/UX is complicated.
- If the app is not completely ready for the market.
- If the app/play store content or visuals doesn’t fulfill the expectation of the app installers.
- An absence of an offline mode.
- If the onboarding is not simple.
- If the app features don’t work as expected.
- If the app doesn’t have the latest design trend.
- Too many third-party advertisements.
In order to give a great user experience, it is necessary to deal with the above-listed reasons. Don’t market the app until your users love the app. It will help you to save a lot of money and efforts while executing the paid and organic user acquisition strategy. Always ensure that the overall App Store Optimization is done in a very faultless way.